I do believe that this is the first winter since we've lived here that I haven't taken a TON of photos every time it snows. Although we have not had all that much snow this year as compared to the past few years.
The kids have only had 3 snow days so far this winter. That is very different from all the other winters we've experienced here. We've only had accumulation from 4 snow showers this year, I think? And the most that's been on the ground is 3 or 4 inches. (See? I couldn't even be bothered to measure it.) Though that storm this past Saturday might have dumped a little more than those 4 inches if the wind hadn't been blowing so hard the whole time. But it was enough for the kids to sled Sunday morning before the sun came out and melted a lot of it.
Yes, we had a little snow last weekend... And why haven't I posted any pictures here? Have I become bored and jaded? Have I lost my sense of childlike wonder that our snow has always made me experience in past years?
I have been looking back at posts from previous winters and I seem to take the same photos every time. And, comparatively, it's not quite as impressive (photographically-wait, is that a word?- at least to me) when there are only a few inches of snow as when there is over a foot.
I still think it's absolutely gorgeous up here in all the seasons. I haven't lost my appreciation for that, I don't think.
I don't think I'm getting the best pictures out of my camera; maybe that has something to do with why I haven't been using it as much. I need to make time to sit down with the manual and really experiment with it.
We went to the Biltmore House a couple of weeks ago (yeah, I didn't post any pictures here of that, either) and were able to get an annual pass for this year. So I will definitely have to go down there and take pictures of the gardens in different months. Maybe I will be able to figure out my camera better; since I can go down while the kids are in school I can take my time with it.
When I take the camera somewhere besides around the yard, I am always with someone else and I don't take a lot time to fool with all the settings; I just use the automatic setting so no one has to wait on me.
1 comment:
It's been a weird winter, definitely! We have even seen a snowflake yet. Don't think we will this year either.
Post a Comment